- PPW: £395-£575
- Sleeps: 6
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 2
- Pets Allowed: Yes
- Smoking: Yes
- Parking Spaces: 2
- Start Day: Saturday
|Dates||Weekly Rate (£)||Daily Rate (£)|
|7 January to 4 March||399||57|
|4 March to 1 April||455||65|
|1 April to 15 April (Easter)||525||75|
|15 April to 24 June||455||65|
|24 June to 19 August||595||85|
|19 August to 23 September||525||75|
|23 September to 21 October||455||65|
|21 October to 23 December||399||57|
|23 December to 6 January 2018 (Xmas & New Year)||560||80|
We require a booking deposit of £110 for all of these weekly rates.
A luxury self-catering cottage midway between the remote picturesque village of Tayvallich which curves around a lagoon at the head of Loch Sween, and Carsaig Bay which commands breathtaking views of the Sound of Jura on the West of Mainland Scotland.
Tayvallich and Carsaig are separated by some 15 nautical miles by sea but by only one mile by road. Carsaig and Tayvallich are part of the same close-knit but highly cosmopolitan and friendly community of some 200 people. We are, however, only two hours drive from Glasgow Airport.
- Spacious double master bedroom with wardrobe, fully fitted and rather elegant en-suite shower-room, toilet and wash-hand basin with shaver point
- Sitting room with a new wood burning stove, three-piece suite with two matching chairs, dining table / chairs, TV, DVD Player, mini Hi-Fi and direct access to the Patio overlooking a private burn
- A fully modern kitchen immediately off the sitting room with hob and electric oven, refrigerator, microwave, washing machine and dishwasher. Also spacious freezer in entrance hall.
- Bathroom with toilet, wash-hand basin with shaver point and bath and shower.
- Upstairs we have a hall and two spacious bedrooms both with wardrobes and with two single beds each. Both bedrooms enjoy magnificent views to the West.
- Electricity and logs for the wood burner are included in our rates - the wood burner is not necessary for warmth but is an attractive feature
- Bedding and towels are included in our rates.
- Wi-Fi is also included in our rates.
- A small library and children’s toys and games are provided.
- Up to two baby high chairs and baby cots – with bedding - are also available free on request, with your original booking.
- A Stair gate for young children is stored in the cottage
- Mobile telephone access is available but to date only through Vodafone. Overseas guests with a Mobile should be able to make a connection if they are on the GSM System. In any event a payphone is provided: 01546-870374.
- If you have special interests or requirements please let us know at the time of booking and we will do our very best to assist.
The owners, Jim and Ulla Riddell, live very close-by and will normally be available to assist in the unlikely event of any problem. If we are away at the time of your stay we will nominate a friend to be available and will give you contact details before your arrival.
All bookings are subject to receipt of your Deposit and when the funds are cleared you will have written confirmation by letter or e-mail. Should you have to cancel the booking we will refund your deposit only if we succeed in rebooking the period of hire.
The full balance, plus a fully refundable Damage Deposit of £100, is payable 4 weeks before arrival; given no material damage you will have our cheque or bank transfer refund for £100 immediately following departure. In the event of cancellation after receipt of your full payment, the damage deposit will be refunded in full, but the hire itself will only be refunded if we succeed in rebooking the period of hire. Refund or part refund of the damage deposit is at our sole discretion in the event of any damage caused by our guests or their pets. We reserve the right to terminate the hire forthwith without compensation in the event of unacceptable behaviour at our sole but reasonable discretion.
No restrictions except bedrooms - the cottage will be well aired between changeovers.
Well-behaved pets are welcome (maximum two) at an extra £15 each per week or part of a week – but remember the damage deposit which we want to refund in full.